Powered By Blogger

Monday 30 December 2013

Its become a tradition.

Running (10.01 miles / 01:23:23 / 00:08:19 per mile / HRZ 2)

I always love this run every year. Its my traditional run from the Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle up to Castlewellan and around the lake and back down again.

The first three miles or so are up hill in to Castlewellan and I really felt like I was struggling. Partly due to the long grinding road but more so the lack of fuel as I skipped breakfast to get the run done early.
I recovered again and knocked out the next 4 miles in  very steady pace and then cranked the pace up coming back down the hill for home while still not raising the heart rate.

Its nice to knock this run out ten minutes faster than last year. Pretty pleading stuff.

Now to eat and drink even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment