Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 December 2013

You should have seen her jump! It was almost worth it.

Monday 16th December 2013

Cycling (15.86 Miles / 01:09:21 / 13.90 MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 72)

The Monday commute.  This was a horrible commute, both to and from work.  Nothing to do with weather but more just to do with Arseholes and Traffic.
To paraphrase the Stealers Wheels Song, "Arseholes to the left of me, traffic to the right of me.  Stuck in the Middle with you."

On the way in to work this morning I nearly got wiped out.  Not by a car, oh no, but by a stupid COW who decided to just walk across the road right in front of me as I'm doing about 20MPH.  I let out an almighty scream and I swear she almost lifted off the ground in surprise and I'm pretty sure she may have sh*t her pants too, but she deserved it.  I missed her by about 2 feet and if I had hit her, she would have been in serious trouble and I'd have been a mess. (And not just because of her sh*$ty pants!)

I'm pretty sure she will learn from this experience and I know that I have learned that pedestrians are as much of a hazard as car drivers sometimes.

Swimming (1250M / 00:55:00)
Technique Session

This was not the ordinary technique session.  Coach Oliver was wearing a Santa Hat to we knew something was going to be different.
It did turn out to be a different session alright - not a lot of metres but in the middle of it all was a set of Vertical kicking, Tug (push) of war kicking with a float, swim lane tig and flat out 25M sprint relays.
I absolutely loved it. It felt good to get competitive in the pool, even though I'm not the fastest or strongest I loved the competitive edge it brings out.

We even had Celebrations sweets as treats at the end.  Truly the spirit of Christmas!  I'm sure it won't last.

My God  - my legs and lungs were burning at times

No comments:

Post a Comment