Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 December 2013

This day shall forever be known as 'Brown Monday.'

Monday 2nd December 2013

Cycling (15.86 Miles / 01:04:45 / 14.80 MPH / Cadence 75 / HRZ 2)

Where the hell did November go to? I can't believe it's December already.
Anyway the commute to work was relatively straightforward and on the way home I even managed to hop on the back of a couple of other cyclists and then slip ahead of them.
It was unusual for me to be the one doing the overtaking and pace setting.
Good fun though.

Swimming (1800M / 00:58:07)
Technique Session

I really enjoyed the session tonight - things are gradually just starting to feel a bit better and smoother.  I certainly couldn't be described as having 'Finesse' as Oliver was urging us to strive for but at least I was consistent. 
The evaluation set of 3X100 at the end saw my splits at 02:03 / 02:01 / 02:02 - I am pretty impressed by that and especially as I felt pretty uncomfortable on the breathing to the left set, which ironically was my fastest.

I am delighted though that I went to the 7PM session as unfortunately the 8PM session had to be cut short as someone in the pool was caught short and dispatched a brown floater in to the water.  Unbelievable!  I have to say that it wasn't one of our Club and probably a kid on the far side.  At least I hope it was!



Here's the set.

300M warm up and stretch
Fins on:
Improve positioning
100 kick on back
100 kick on front

Improve breathing, the how and the when of breathing. Low intensity technique focused
100 Br R, 100 Br L, 100 Br 3...

100 Br pattern 3,4,5,3 per length

Fins of:
50 Br R, 50 Br L, 50 Br 3
100 Br pattern 3,4,5,3 per length

Improve Catch and Pull
3 x 100 as 2 Doggy Paddle, 25 Swim, 25 Doggy Paddle, 25 Swim
#1 Focus on right arm and Br R
#2 Focus on left arm and Br L
#3 On swim Br 3 and focus on keeping non-breathing arm aim straight

Evaluation set:
3 x 100 steady, with 45secs RI. Record times and give make out of 10 for the effort put in
#1: Br R
#2: Br L
#3: Br 3

No comments:

Post a Comment