Powered By Blogger

Friday 6 December 2013

Sea sick in the pool

Friday 6th December 2013

Swimming (2000M / 00:43:43)
Endurance Session – 18M Pool at Gym

Quick swim at lunchtime today to make up for missing the Club endurance swim on Wednesday when I was in work in Bristol.

I haven’t done a longer straight through swim in a wee while as the Club sessions still have some drills and rest periods in them, so this was a chance to see how the endurance engine was building up.

My goal was to do 2000M and ideally in about 45 minutes.  Secretly I hoped it would be a touch quicker as the shorter 18M pool definitely helps.  More importantly though I wanted to do this at a steady 7 out of 10 effort scale.

The first 1500M went really well and I felt smooth and well in control and was working well on my body rotation and pull.  Then I started to feel a bit queasy and I decided to take a one minute rest.  I think it was the rocking motion from extra rotation combined with doing it for a longer period than I have done for a while non stop. Anyway the result was a sort of mild sea-sickness.

It did pass pretty well during the rest minute and I was able to finish off the rest of the set without puking in the pool.

I’m fairly satisfied with the swim and know that the feeling of queasiness will pass as I get more used to building the distance.

Most importantly I contained the effort and focussed on my stroke and rotation and from that perspective it was positive.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment