Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 December 2013

Windy Windy Windy and a bit of rain and Week 5 IM Training Round up.

Saturday 14th December 2013

Running (7.00 Miles / 01:00:12 / 00:08:35 per mile / HRZ2)

Holy Cow that was windy!
I knew it was windy when I went out, but I didn't expect it to be just so bad.
In all seriousness I was almost blown off my feet at a  few points. That was a wet windy tough run but once again I am delighted to hold a steady pace despite being blown about like an empty bag of Bacon Rashers in the wind!

 
Sunday 15th December 2013
 
Cycling (25.04 Miles / 01:32:12 / 16.30 MPH / Cadence 80 / HRZ2)
 
Sadly my weather beaten arse didn't get away lighter today than yesterday, in fact it was probably worse today.
Erin and Ben were reading in Church today so I went to see them and then head out for my ride after lunchtime.  I was going to pay for that alright!
The plan today was to do about 40-45 miles but I have to admit the conditions just completely got the better of me and I had to settle for a thoroughly miserable 25 miles.
I am a bit disappointed in myself for bailing out and cutting short but I have to weight it up against risking an injury.  It was a very real possibility that I could have been blown off the bike and the belting rain just made that even more possible.
At one point I checked my cadence while riding down a slope in to the wind.  I was pedalling at 107 rpm downhill and doing 11MPH.  Not good at all.  That was like being in a wind tunnel.
 
Despite it all I am taking the positive that I still managed to hold a decent average speed and now that feeling has returned to my fingers I thought that I might write this up. ( Despite some sarcasm from folks that seemed to applaud the absence of a blog on Friday!)
 
 
Week 5 Summary  6Hrs 35 Mins Swim: 3750M
Bike: 40.93 Miles
Run: 17.4 Miles

 A bit of a disappointment this week.  Travel with work interrupted my training plans, so this week was a bit of a step back in volume but that might not have been a bad thing.
Quality of the sessions was good so I'm happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment