Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 December 2013

Is it windy and horrible outside? I hadn't noticed.

Tuesday 24th December 2013

Running (00:48: 16 / 6.00 Miles / 00:08:02 per mile / HRZ 2)
Tempo Run

A Christmas Eve Tempo run.  Normally this is done at lunchtime with my mate Brendan but given that it was Christmas Eve I waited until I got home and then wen out.
It was absolutely horrible!
I am definitely getting tough when it comes to running in all conditions,  I am pretty much prepared to go out in any weather and give it a go, although as I came out the end of my street and almost got blown over, I did think about the wisdom of my choice but I just bent over in to the wind and got on with it.

The conditions were definitely not conducive to tempo running, although the main objective is to put out a tempo effort.  The pace was down from last week but to be honest I don't care as I worked hard  and was pleased with that average pace.

Two days off over Christmas and then back at it again.


Friday 27th December 2013

Running (01:00:00 / 7.13 miles / 00:08:25 per mile / HRZ 2)

Yet ANOTHER bloody windy and wet day.
Just a normal paced Zone 2 run in the blistering heat and sunshine of a Norn Iron winter!!

Very steady paced effort and I felt great apart from the wind blowing the rain sideways in to my eyes!

Maybe out on the bike tomorrow so long as the Hurricane dies down.

No comments:

Post a Comment