Powered By Blogger

Sunday 22 December 2013

PB one day and frozen toes the next.

Saturday 21st December 2013

Running (3.05 Miles / 00:22:22 / 00:07:20 per mile / HRZ 3)
Wallace Parkrun

This was it.  My hit out at trying to get the full set of PBs this year.  I'd already got it for Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K, so all I needed was to bad a time of 22:38 or better for a PB.
Wallace Parkrun is harder than Queens Parkrun where I set the previous best last year but I was feeling relatively confident.

I started a bit too quick but I managed to pull my self on to pace again and I held on for the PB that I was so keen to get.
It may not seem like a lot to get a PB of 17 seconds but it means a lot to me.
This is proof for me that the tempo runs and hard work are starting to pay off already.

Sunday 22nd December 2013
Cycling (41.50 Miles / 02:29:42 / 15.60 MPH / Cadence 82 / HRZ 2)

Once again another windy and cold day.  Who'd have thought that winter in Norn Iron would be so crap!
The wind was stiff enough and it was against me for the first half of the ride, and I managed to get it either across me or behind me on the way home.  It was still cold the whole way though and I literally couldn't feel my feet after about 25 miles.

Just before getting in to Gilford the road was closed because of an accident and the Police Woman re-directed me up this country road and I asked her was she having a laugh as it was really steep but she was having none of it and sent me on my way.  What made it worse was that my chain got stuck in the big ring on the way up and I had to literally jump on the pedals to get to the top - and of course sods law meant that as I crested the top of the hill the chain slipped in to the small ring.  A bit bloody late.

Anyway despite the wind I was pretty pleased to hold a reasonable average speed which I know will improve as the winter goes on and I continue to get stronger.

Week 6Summary  7Hrs 37 Mins

Swim: 1250M
Bike: 73.96 Miles
Run: 16.41 Miles


 A poor week for swimming as I missed the Wednesday session and opted for beer at home instead.  How bad is that?
It was a decent enough week for cycling and the mileage was OK although once again I missed doing my Hill session.  I really will need to get this nailed down better.
My running was not quite as scheduled of planned but I will definitely take a PB at 10K and 5K in the same week.  I only got one run of any length but at least it was a good quality one and I am happy enough that the quality of all of my runs was excellent this week.

I am a bit unsure of how the training will go against my plan for the next week or so with the Christmas Break coming up.  If I can manage to get at least two bikes and runs in over the week that will not be a total disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment