Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 8 February 2012

I am a model of consistency.

Wednesday 8th February 2012
Swimming
2500M
- 00:59:56 in 25M pool at Lisburn Leisreplex
2500M straight through

Total 2500M

I had another early morning swim at 6AM this morning. I am noticing that the first 30 lengths or so feel a bit sore on the arms - which is hardly surprising as I did no warm up before it and just get straight in to it.  The first 30 lengths took just about 16 minutes - which looks good for any Sprint distance triathlons I do later in the season as I worked rally hard last year to get the 30 lengths in 16 minutes at races last year - and now I can do it as part of a much longer set, so I should be aiming for around 15 minutes at races this season.

The time for this session was just under 1 HR again and this is the 3rd time it has been within a couple of seconds of 1HR.  I am very pleased with the consistency and hopefully the next step is improvement and getting a bit faster. I think at present 1HR for 2.5K is not bad.

Cycling
01:00:00 - 20.14 miles
(20.14 MPH / HR Zone 1 / 68% Max / Cadence 86) Turbo Session

I was thinking that I really could not be arsed doing this session tonight as I was hungry and just wanted to get something to eat and sit down - BUT - I zipped up my Man Suit and just got on with it and I am glad that I did.

It wasn't the quickest session ever but it was a hell of a lot better then no session at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment