Powered By Blogger

Sunday 19 February 2012

Toasti Toes

Thursday 16th January 2012

Cycling
03:17:40 - 49.00
(14.80 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 74% Max / Cadence 80rpm)

I set out with a really tough hill on this ride from home.  Up the Pond Park Road out towards Dundrod - which for anyone who knows it, is about 2 miles of a climb up a reasonably steep hill - then a series of pretty sharp little hills along the top road towards Stoneyford and Dundrod.


I then took a lovely run out to the shore of Lough Neagh and all the way in to Portadown and then through "scenic" Craigavon and Lurgan on the run back home.

Overall jsut shy of 50 miles and a reasonable average speed given the slow hilly start that I had.

I have been getting sick of being soaked and frozen on my rides recently and it was a pleasure not to get wet today, although it was a bit chilly and breezy - but so much better than the last few rides.
Just to be sure I wasn't going to get frozen toes, I invested in some Toasti Toes and they were brilliant. They are basically disposable hand warmers for your feet.  I would recommend them.


No comments:

Post a Comment