Powered By Blogger

Monday 6 February 2012

TW3 IMFF Week 16


Monday 6th February 2012

Week 16 completed
Hours Trained: 10H 42Mins
Swimming: 4.5K (2.8 Miles)
Cycling: 83.15 Miles
Running: 26.22 Miles

Week 16 carried on the recent trend of getting decent hours and training sessions in without too many interruptions.

I think I am most pleased with the long bike ride last week as it put the demons of last week to rest but also was done a t a good steady pace which felt comfortable and one that could be built on for going longer and faster.

I literally ran a Marathon this week - albeit across 4 runs - but the average pace was around the 9 min/mile mark and was very satisfying.

This is the last week of the "Base" phase of my training schedule.  This was all about building a strong aerobic base to take in to the next 2 stages of training the "Build" and "Peak" phases.
Following this week I will be going in to the Build phase.

These phases are different as the length of training increases steadily but also the intensity.  I will start to build in some intervals and go Anaerobic at times to work on speed and also get me used to coming out of the comfort zone.  Sounds like fun!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment