Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 February 2012

If History repeats itself.

Thursday 16th January 2012

Cycling
01:00:00 - 19.80
(19.80 MPH / HR Zone 1 / 68% Max / Cadence 83rpm)

A quick hour on the turbo early this morning before work.  This is the first time I have done he bike this early in the morning and it went pretty well - although it was a bit weird watching an episode of 24 at 6.30AM.

Not a bad session - although I forgot that as I have moved in to the Build phase of my training I am meant to add some interval training in to my sessions now - so I didn't do it on this one as I clean forgot - DOH!!

Running
02:00:00 - 13.27 Miles (09.03 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 83% Max)

This was the longest run I have done since the Lisburn Half Marathon last June.

To put how far I have come along in to context - I ran the Lisburn Half Marathon last year in 01:59:52 and knocked my pan in to come in under 2 Hrs. (now - admittedly it was 7 mins slower than my PB time and it was not the best of runs) My Hr at Lisburn was through the roof and I was destroyed after it.

Compare to tonight.
I happily trotted around the 13.27 miles in 2Hrs dead and did not feel that tired and was well under the desired HR level.  That is the effect of the base training I have been doing.  I would like to think that I could go out and do a competitive Half Marathon in close to PB time within my HR zone.  That feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment