Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 22 February 2012

An Olympic effort.

Wednesday 22nd February 2012

Swimming
2500M - 01:02:26 in 25M
pool at Lisburn Leisureplex
10X250M @ 20 secs rest
Total 2500M

Another early swim and a good session.  I was slightly concerned that the cough would impact my breathing in the pool, but it didn't make a difference at all.


I also had the pleasure of sharing the pool (albeit 4 lanes away) with an Olympian.  Aileen Morrison will be representing Ireland at the Olympics in London in the Triathlon.  I have been a fan of hers for the last coupe of years and she is ranked in the top 20 or so in the world.  It was pretty impressive to see her accelerate up the pool - depressingly impressive if that makes sense.

She writes a good blog and has a decent website too.  http://www.aileenmorrison.com/

Brick Session

Cycling
00:45:00 - 16.39 miles
(21.85 MPH / HR Zone 1 / 68% Max / Cadence 85) Turbo Session

Decent session on the turbo and no ill effects from the cough either.


Running
00:15:00 - 1.69 Miles
(08.53 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 83% Max)
The cough did it's work!

For the first 5 minutes I had the occasional moment of funny running / stumbling / walking as I hacked away trying to cough.  It then cleared up and I was able to have a decent run.  Pace and HR were good.

I now need to decide what to do about my training for the next couple of days as I missed my swim on Tuesday because I was not feeling up to it with the coughing.
The sensible head is saying take a break for the next day or possibly even 2 - but the nutter in me is saying keep on going because i am getting through these session OK.

I will see how I feel tomorrow and decide what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment