Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 28 February 2012

A Really bad week. Hope it gets better.

The last 7 days or so have been a bit of a nightmare from a training perspective.  As I mentioned before, I picked up a fairly unpleasant cough and it just did not clear up at all and in fact moved southwards in to my chest and had the expected impact.

I managed a grand total of just over 4 hours of training last week - all of which was probably contributed to my cough and bad chest.  Not great at all.

I expect this week to be another one which is badly impacted by my chest.

I am not panicking about this as I still have 17 weeks to go after this week, but it may force me to re-think the plan slightly as I might need to adjust and rebuild it back up again slightly after loosing the guts of 2 weeks.

I have also been reading tips from veteran Ironman finishers and they all recommend that a novice Ironman needs to Bike Bike Bike and then Bike again in training.  I think I need to take heed of this and modify the training somewhat to allow for this and I am considering swapping one of my 3 swims per week for an  additional Bike ride.

Talking of my bike, I left it in to the bike shop for a bit of a sort out after it taking quite a bit of abuse through the winter.
Bad news - it needed, all brake and gear cables replaced, a new chain, new handlebar tape a full service and lube.  So, over £100 later and I am ready to get back on the road again.  It is a lot of money but I needed it done and it just shows how hard the winter can be on a bike.  I think next year I will use my older Road bike for any winter riding.

So a bad and expensive week is over and I will look positively towards the rest of this week and next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment