Powered By Blogger

Sunday 4 March 2012

Back in action and feeling positive.

Sunday 4th March 2012

Cycling
02:07:13 - 30.02
(14.20 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 78% Max / Cadence 80rpm)

I broke my duck today of non training for a whole week.  Because of the Chest infection / cough type thing I had picked up I missed the whole of last week's training.  That was a nightmare and I really felt like I needed to A) Get back in to training again, B) Check to see if the chest would hold up to the activity and C) clear the demons of inactivity.


I purposely chose to do a shorter ride than my plan said I should do, as I wanted to break back in again but not risk doing myself any major harm.

So . . all in all I am reasonably pleased with the way things went, even though I coughed and gagged quite a bit of the way round and brought up some fairly unpleasant substances,  NICE!!

At least I am on the road again and I plan to get back to a full week of training next week. I am going to be positive about the near two week lay off and and focus more on the 17 weeks still to go and the need to get a really strong run of training in.

To that end I have decided to drop from 3 swims per week to 2 and swap one for an extra bike session.  I am thinking of doing this as a Hill session each week and using it to ride up and down a few steep hills at home and build strength.  The better weather and brighter mornings and evening should allow me to do a lot more outdoor riding now instead of Turbo session, which will be great.  I am well motivated for the next 17 weeks - and suddenly it doesn't seem all that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment