Powered By Blogger

Sunday 11 March 2012

Blowing out my arse- but thankfully not in the pool.

Friday 9th March 2012
Swimming
2750M - 01:07:02 in 25M
pool at Lisburn Leisureplex
2750M straight through
Total 2750M
A bit further today for my ridiculously early swim this morning. Out of the pool at 6.50AM.  Not Bad.
I am pleased with this swim today - it felt good throughout and the sore arms from Wednesday had more or less cleared up.

Running
01:00:00- 6.84 Miles (08.46 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 85% Max)
[@10 mins Insert 7.5 Mins @ Z4 HR]


These interval sessions are blooming hard work and I am questioning their worth in my training and I am not trying to get faster but just build endurance.  I literally wanted to throw up after my 7.5 mins at Zone 4 today.  It was so tough.
The plan says I should be doing it and I have to trust the plan so I will stick with them but they are really tough.
The rest of the run subsequently felt tough for the next few miles as I was recovering from the battering of the interval.
When I finished I was delighted to see the average pace was 08.46 per mile - this was helped by a sub 7 minute mile as part of the interval, but the overall pace was steady enough throughout.
As they say in running - I was blowing out my arse!  Never a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment