Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Flapjack? Don't mind if I do.


Saturday 17th March 2012

Running
02:20:21- 15.00 Miles (09.22 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 85% Max)

Long slow run for the week was a straight out and back affair.

Saturday turned out to be a nice spring day and as I was running along, I appreciated how much I have missed a bit of decent weather and was able to run in just shorts and a long sleeved t shirt.  Such a difference to running wrapped up in many layers and long running tights.

I tried to keep the run very evenly paced and by and large it worked out pretty close to the plan, although I did lose about 4 mins on the second half of the run compared to the first half, which equates to about 30 secs per mile slower on the way back again.

I am happy enough with the run and managed to “practice” my on the run nutrition.  My food of choice for fuelling on the run and on the bike is the Flapjack.  These are fairly dense and packed full of calories and are quite easy to digest, so I am sticking with them as my fuel of choice.  It also helps that they come in all sorts of flavours like Yoghurt topped, strawberry Jam, oaty, Choc Chip and my favourite – Caramel.

A long run or ride is a great excuse for a flapjack or 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment