Powered By Blogger

Thursday 29 March 2012

Hot Surge.

Tuesday 27th March 2012
 
Cycling
01:06:58 – 16.22 Miles (14.50 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 76% Max / Cadence 82rpm)

Rather then hit the hills I just opted for a straight out and back ride.  pace was steady and I am delighted that I found the big hill coming up home pretty comfortable.  I even had a couple of gears spare, and it could possibly be the best I have ridden up the hill.  Very pleasing.

Running
01:00:00- 6.61 Miles (09.04 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 85% Max)

It was fantastic to be running in a bit of heat today.  The pace was steady and HR perhaps a little bit elevated possibly due to the heat. 
I am happy with the pace and felt pretty strong at the end of the run - even managing to put on a bit of a surge up the hill home.
I was a sweaty heap when I finished by felt good and the little niggle in my foot had pretty much disappeared and caused me no bother at all.

I think I am going to have to get a new pair of running shoes - I have checked back and I think I have logged about 7-800 miles in the current pair - and the cushioning is starting to lose it a bit now.

I am thinking about a pair of K-Swiss Blade Max Glide.  I haven't tried them on yet - but they get good reviews and seem to be reasonable value for money.  They look pretty cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment