Powered By Blogger

Thursday 29 March 2012

Twice is nice

Thursday 29th March 2012

Cycling
01:00:00 – 17.20 Miles (17.20 MPH / HR Zone 1 / 69% Max / Cadence 86rpm)
Unfortunately I had to do this session on the Turbo this morning early on as I need to jiggle things around today to fit in with the missed sessions because of being in London yesterday.
I haven't been on the Turbo for a while and it was noticeable that it was quite a bit warmer than when I was using it in the winter.
It wasn't long before there was quite a puddle on the floor below me. (Sweat - in case you were thinking something bad!!)
I realise that I actually did pretty well on the Turbo in the winter as this was quite hard going from a boredom point of view.  It makes me appreciate being outside on the bike.
I need to squeeze in a Brick session this evening - so it will be interesting to see how I go with 2 bike sessions in the one day - this is a first.

Brick Session

Cycling
00:50:41 – 13.33 Miles (15.80 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 77% Max / Cadence 80rpm)

A really good ride - I purposely chose a bit of a challenging short route,  About 200M of climbing in the first 5 miles - then the rest was flat or downhill coming home.  Pleased with it.

Running
00:15:00- 1.77 Miles (08.27 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 81% Max)

Heart rate seemed to go haywire for the first half mile.  It came back under control and felt grand.  legs were not too bad after the tough wee cycle before the run and also the fact that I had done 17 miles this morning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment