Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Summer time is here. Is it?

Tuesday 13th March 2012

Cycling
00:43:06 - 8.65
(12.00 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 77% Max / Cadence ??rpm / Elevation Gain 312M)

The hill session rolled around quickly this week and it went very well.  It helped that it was another lovely morning and the sun came up at about 6.15 this morning.  Summer is on the way!!

I had to do it on my Bianchi bike as the Cube bike has a dodgy rear wheel and needs to be fixed.
I am delighted that it went ab it better than last week and hope to see steady improvement week on week.  The +300M of climbing gain is quite tough.

Running
01:00:00- 6.71 Miles (08.56 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 82% Max)
[@10 mins Insert 2X6 Mins @ Z4 HR with 2 Min jog recovery in between]


I must admit that I am finding the interval pace sessions in these runs really hard going and I probably slowed down a bit before he end of the 6 minutes as I was tubed.  It is really hard work.
The good thing about it is that I seem to recover pretty well from it and get back to a steady pace at a decent heart rate fairly easily.

Off to London tomorrow so I am trying to squeeze in a 2K swim before going to catch my flight then hopefully a brick session in the gym in the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment