Powered By Blogger

Sunday 11 March 2012

Tastes like Chicken?

Saturday 10th March 2012

Running
02:23:26- 15.13 Miles (09.28 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 81% Max)

The long run for the week and it was destined to be my longest run since the Belfast Marathon last May.  I really noticed the distance kick in around 12 miles and my legs got that familiar sore legs feeling that you get with Marathon training.  All you Marathoners out there know what I am talking about.
I am pleased with the session and felt reasonably comfortable throughout apart from the sore legs.

I saw one of the most bizarre and quite sad things I have see on a run today.
A Dead swan at the side of the road.
It was a relatively young swan as it still had a few bits of grey on it and it was just lying at a hedge beside the road.  It must have been hit by a car as there were feathers strewn up the road. 
Something struck me about it and I thought it was quite sad seeing this big animal dead at the roadside.
Although . . I do have to confess that I did actually wonder what swan tastes like.  I felt bad for it, but then thought it is probably just like duck only more to go round. 


It's amazing what your mind thinks when you are on a long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment