Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Viral Wheeze? Nope, me neither.


Friday 16th March 2012

Swimming
01:17:20- 3000M


Early morning swim and a nice comfortable 3000M done. (120 lengths of the 25M pool)

I am more or less abandoning doing drills as I have decided that any improvements I make in technique between now and July will be relatively minimal and I am better focussing on the endurance side of things.

Realistically if I improve my technique I may save myself 3 or so minutes on the swim at an absolute best case scenario.  Whereas by focussing on just doing the longer distances in training, I am hopeful that I will have built up the cardio fitness to see me come out of the water feeling relatively fresh (if this is possible after being in a Human washing machine with 2000 other people for 3.8K) and hopefully re-coup the 3 mins or so along the way on the bike or run.

This is probably all pie in the sky but I am hoping it works for me.

Following on from my medical worry about my dodgy chest, I went to see the Doc.

He was very good and checked a few things out, including Asthma.

I had to do a lung capacity test which was to check for Asthma, and it fortunately ruled out Asthma as I scored 107% of a normal healthy adult’s lung capacity – and that was with me feeling a bit chesty still.  I am very pleased with that.

The Doc levelled his best guess at the cause as “Viral Wheeze” and prescribed an inhaler and a course of antibiotics in case it was not something viral.

Hope it works and that inhalers are not on the banned list of substances for Ironman!!




No comments:

Post a Comment