Powered By Blogger

Sunday 25 March 2012

Oh Ho MoJo is a No Go but then I get a Go Go

Wednesday 21st March 2012

Swimming
01:03:11- 2500M

Early swim which went pretty well again.  Swimming is definitely pretty boring once you get past the point of not being knackered every time you turn at the end of a length.


Brick Session
Cycling
00:46:01 – 11.58 Miles (15.100 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 71% Max / Cadence 80rpm)

A reasonably steady ride for the start of the brick - the wind was with me on the way out but hammered me on the way home again.

Running
00:13:55- 1.68 Miles (08.17 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 82% Max)

A really good pace on the brick run - faster than expected and it felt pretty good too.


Thursday 22nd March 2012

Cycling
01:00:00 – 14.80 Miles (14.80 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 75% Max / Cadence 81rpm)

 
Steady bike ride and happy with the way it went.


Friday 23rd March 2012

Running 01:00:00- 6.43 Miles (09.19 per mile / HR Zone 3 / 87% Max)

A really bizarre run tonight.  I felt tired and really thought this run was hard work and not all that enjoyable and I was just glad to get it over with.  Pace was slow and so was the MoJo.



Saturday 24th March 2012

Running 01:18:44 - 8.00 Miles (09.50 per mile / HR Zone 1 / 77% Max)

Another awful run to back up yesterday's MoJo sapping nightmare.
This was meant to be my 16 mile long run taking about 2.5 hours. It became pretty clear to me after about 3 miles that I was going to struggle today as I just felt tired.  Interestingly my HR was fine and my legs felt fine - I just felt tired and my Bum Bag that I use for long runs for carrying gels and a spare drink was absolutely doing my head in.  It was bouncing around like it was on a bungee cord.
Disappointingly I decided to cut the run short and head home having only completed 8 miles.

Now that I have had time to reflect on it, I am not too worried about it as I have had a couple of weeks of 15 mile runs that have gone well and I know that this will not be too much of a setback.


Sunday 25th March 2012

Cycling
03:45:18 – 51.71 Miles (13.80 MPH / HR Zone 1 / 70% Max / Cadence  71rpm)


Steady A really nice long ride today with my friend Jim.  We had a beautiful day for the ride and it must have been the hottest day of the year to date.  The sun was out and the sky had a little bit of haze and there was only a light breeze.


We did a nice out out to Ballinderry, Aghalee, Lurgan, Dromore, Ballynahinch, Temple and back in to Lisburn.
There were an awful lot of small hills on the ride and it amounted to over 520M of elevation. Lots of little short sharp climbs.

It was just great to get back out in good weather and not have to wear loads of layers.

Although the pace was relatively easy that is a reflection of the hilly up and down terrain.  Great fun and I know I could have knocked out another 20 miles or so.
]

No comments:

Post a Comment