Powered By Blogger

Saturday 9 June 2012

Alien Chest bursting and a dodgy Heart Rate Monitor.

Saturday 9th June 2012

Running
03:31:05 - 21.00  Miles (10.03 per mile / HR Zone 4 / 92% Max)

First things first.  The Heart rate of 92% is not right!  There is no way I was operating at that level of Heart rate - the monitor was behaving properly for about 8 miles and then it started going haywire.  At some points it was showing 133% of maximum Heart Rate while I was doing about 10 min / mile pace.
If it had really been at that pace my Heart would have been exploding out of my in a scene reminiscent of the famous scene from the original Alien movie.



Although on paper the run looks slow, I am very pleased with how it went and I set out to run a very steady pace and hopefully feel comfortable throughout.

That is exactly what I got.
I controlled the pace and effort and nutrition really well throughout and even though it was a bit windy I managed to hold it all together.

I honestly felt like I could have fairly comfortably gone on and done another 5 miles to make up the full Marathon distance and still maintained my 10 min mile pace - and ironically this would have been very close to my Personal Best of 4.21.  I honestly think I could have beaten that without a huge amount of effort in the last 5 miles.

It is great to feel this strong and comfortable.  It will no doubt be a very different story when I have to run this off a 112 mile bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment