Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 June 2012

You're in my lane!

Wednesday 6th June 2012
Swimming

01:03:31- 2500M


The swim this morning was interesting.

The lanes which are set aside for us in the morning are usually pretty empty but this morning I didn’t get my usual lane because some girl took it.

The girl happened to be the 8th best triathletes on the planet at the moment and just fresh from her 2nd place finish at the ITU world series in Madrid and honing her training for the Olympics – Aileen Morrison.  I decided not to make a fuss and let her get on with it!!!

It was mighty impressive seeing her put on a bit of speed practising her starts from the blocks.  God she is fast.


As for my swim – it went pretty well and I knocked out the 2500M uneventfully and felt good throughout.

Brick Session

Cycling
01:03:31 – 17.85 Miles (16.90 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 75% Max / Cadence 83)



A very solid ride and decent average pace maintained the whole way through.

Running
00:24:34 - 3.00 Miles (08.10 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 81% Max)

The run off the bike felt quick - I wasn't really pushing it but I felt speedier than I have for a while.  I met my friend Brian on the hill on the way home and a quick 2 minute chat meant I was really refreshed for a hard push up the last 2 hills home.
A very pleasing run tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment