Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 June 2012

TW3 IMFF Week 33

Monday 11th May 2012
Week 33 completed
Hours Trained: 17H 18Mins
Swimming: 6.3K (3.92 Miles)
Cycling: 163 Miles
Running: 31 Miles

A big week last week - almost 200 miles in all and the peak was a 21 mile run followed the next day with a 103 mile ride.
Next week is the last really big week and then it starts to taper off for about 3 weeks in the run in to the event.

The whole process of training to this point has been tough going for me but also for the family and especially Keara.  It is especially over the last few weeks as the mileage and time have increased substantially that the support from the family is most needed - and appreciated.
For non-endurance athletes it is hard to imagine losing close to 20 hrs per week of time, over and above your work time from your normal family life.  This is the case for many people training for an Ironman.

But, the good news is that there is not too much longer to go.  Don't get me wrong, I am still enjoying the training but I will be glad to get to the start line now and I can feel the early stages of "injury paranoia" setting in already.  This is where you believe that you are getting niggles or you are frightened of doing anything different in case you induce an injury.
I know it is in my head - and so long as it stays there and not in my Achilles or Back or Knee, it will be fine.

Here is the week ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment