Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Oh My! That's a big bag.

Tuesday 26th June 2012


Cycling
00:27:26 – 6.24 Miles (13.70 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 76% Max / Cadence 82rpm)

Now that I am in taper stage I just did 2 of my hill repeats up the big hill this morning.  The best thing about this was that I got a lie in until 6.00AM this morning instead of getting up at 5.30.  Tapering has its' upsides alright.

The session itself went very well and once again I felt comfortable enough going up and my 2nd run up was pretty quick,  I topped out at about 40MPH on the way back down which was pretty nice.

I will probably do this set once more next Monday for the last time.  Will I miss it?  Actually, I might.


Running
00:47:00 - 5.39 Miles (08.42 per mile / HR Zone 4 / 93% Max)

Bonkers Heart Rate monitor AGAIN!!!  God it is annoying.

The run was a pretty sweaty affair tonight as it was pretty humid even though there was hardly any sun and I looked as though I had done a swim by the time I got back home, and that was not even going all that fast tonight.

I have started paying a bit more attention to the long range weather forecast for Frankfurt and at the moment it is saying a Low of 16C and Maximum of 28C with 45% Humidity and a 3MPH wind.  Those are pretty good conditions.  Maybe a wee bit warm for what I am used to but it could have been a lot warmer - so If it stays like that I will be reasonably happy.

I met my friend Donald today and he was good enough to lend me his Bike Bag for going over to Frankfurt.  It is fantastic and hopefully will protect my bike from the rough and tumble of Airport transport and baggage handlers.
I have to say that I will certainly look like at pro, even if I don't race like one.
Maybe they will mistake me for one at the airport with my big fancy bag and give me the VIP Limo to my hotel.  Wishful thinking!!



I got an email from the Ironman organisers today telling me it is only 12 days to go.  I KNOW ALREADY!!  You don't need to tell me!
The good thing is that there may be an opportunity to meet one of my Ironman heroes at the Expo.  Chris "Macca" McCormack will be there doing some promotional work for his sponsors. Macca is a previous Olympic distance World Champion and 2 times Ironman World Champ and an absolute legend of the sport.  I would love to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment