Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 June 2012

All by myself . . . .

Saturday 2nd June  2012
Cycling
04:56:04 – 75.35
 Miles (15.30 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 72% Max / Cadence 82)

Happy Birthday Erin.  Keara and Erin were away for the night at a hotel in Belfast having a girly night to celebrate Erin's 14th Birthday.  Ben was away too, so I was all on my own - (all go "Awwwww "now...), and how did I make use of this time to myself?


I had a bit of an early night on Friday and got up at 5AM on Saturday morning to get out on the bike for 6AM and head off down to Eskra. (It's outside Dungannon)
Now, why would I go to Eskra?  Because there was a Half Iron Distance race on there and my friend Donald was doing it - just 2 weeks after completing Ironman Lanzarote - MAD.

It gave me a good excuse to get a good training session on the bike and see the swim part of the Triathlon.  I was then going to ride home and then go out for a run.

It was a lovely morning but quite cold when I started out and my hands were numb for about the first 10 miles.

I made great time down to Eskra and had plenty of time to see the Swim.

The ride back home was straight in to the Easterly wind that had been forecast.  It wasn't very strong but was just enough to be annoying and slow my pace a little bit.

Along the way I played a game of "Count the Road-kill." By the time I had finished my total was 14.  Including the Rabbit that was so mushed across the road that I had to ride through bits of red stuff.  Pretty unpleasant and not good on slick tyres.

By the time I got home I felt pretty good about heading out for the run.

Running
00:49:10 - 5.08 Miles (09.40 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 85% Max)

After the bike ride I had very intention of doing a good 2hrs or so on the run, however, things didn't finish up that way.

I felt a bit tired on the run but nothing too bad but I decided to cut short the planned length and just do 5 miles - the point of this run wasn't really about cranking out miles, it was about getting the legs bashed a bit after a decent length ride.

All in all a good day - even if I was by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment