Powered By Blogger

Thursday 28 June 2012

Spinnin' in the rain.

Wednesday 27th June 2012

Cycling
00:28:06 – 7.88 Miles (16.82 MPH / HR Zone 3 / 87% Max / Cadence ??rpm)

I had planned to get a nice wee easy Brick session in this eveningbut the weather had other plans for me.
The bike ride went well enough, it is just that the sky opened up after about 10 minutes and it emptied on me.
I rode in with a combination of sweat and rain making things fairly unpleasant for me.

It is just as well that I decided against going out for my short 15 minute run as what I thought was heavy rain on the bike suddenly turned in to a downpour of biblical proportions.
As  some of you will have seen on the news Belfast and South of the city bore the worst of it with many people being flooded.  My heart goes out to them as the mess this must cause is awful.

In the context of things having to miss a wee brick run is nothing.

Thursday 28th June 2012

Brick SessionCycling
01:19:00 – 23.00 Miles (17.5 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 77% Max / Cadence ??)


The flodding of last night had thankfully subsided this evening although there was a truly ominous black / blue hint off the heavy clouds as I headed out for my ride this evening,  I fully expected to get soaked again.

Thankfully, and rather unusually for me I manged to stay dry on the ride and I must have just nipped through gaps in the showers which I could see in the distance all around me.
I left my Cube Tri bike in to the bike shop for a final service and tune up ahead of going to Germany next week, so I was on the new Kuota bike tonight,  It was lovely to get a run out on it and it definitely did not disappoint.
It is amazing how two bikes that look fairly similar can ride so differently.  The Kuota is copletely different and feels very light and nimble but maybe struggles a wee bit more in the wind- but that is just after a couple of rides and I can tell I am going to enjoy this one a lot.
The ride itself went really well and I was able to hold a deccent average pace and feel comfrotable at the same time.

Running
00:15:01 - 1.72 Miles (08.43 per mile / HR Zone 3 / 87% Max)


Straight off the bike and in to the run.  This was where my weather luck ran out.  The rain that I managed to evade on the bike caught me and I get a bit wet but it didn't matter as I was only out for a wee15 minutes.

I decided to add the run on after the bike as I missed out on it last night.  I'm glad I did and it was nice to do what will be one of my last brick sessions before Frankfurt.

Early morning swim tomorrow  - so black line watching to lookk forward to.

I have had

No comments:

Post a Comment