Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 June 2012

TW3 IMFF Week 35

Monday 25th June 2012

Week 35 completed
Hours Trained: 10H 09Mins
Swimming: 6.1K (3.79 Miles)
Cycling: 83 Miles
Running: 21 Miles

This represented my first week of taper and it also saw a bit of step down in overall training volume.  I had planned a couple of hours more in training than I actually did, however I went very much by feel this week and felt that I was better to drop a couple of sessions and focus on the quality ones, which I did.


In many ways this week proved to be a great confidence booster and a vindication of my training to date.  Mainly evidenced through the performances in the 2 races this week; The Lisburn Half Marathon and the Glenarm triathlon.

These were taken on for different reasons but both with broadly the same objective.  With Lisburn, I wanted to use this as my long run for the week and despite my internal wrangling over going for a PB or not, I managed to get one without even trying and was amazed by the pace I found myself running at and especially my strength in the closing miles and ability to kick on the pace.

Glenarm was purely done to help me get my head in to Tri race mode and I was not desperately concerned about the time.  As it turned out, my time was better than last year despite the course being longer and the conditions pretty awful on the bike.

The upshot of all of this is that I am delighted with the outcomes, I feel strong and I feel confident that what I have done in training will help me deliver on the day.

This week ahead is another step down in volume and intensity and sets me up for what promises to feel like a very lazy week after that in the final run in to Frankfurt.

Here is the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment