Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 June 2012

Diamond sessions

Tuesday 5th June 2012

Running 01:06:54 - 7.19  Miles (09.18 per mile / HR Zone 2 / 84% Max)

The run started off a bit sluggish and tired. Partly due to a couple of niggly injuries ( 1. Sore ankle bone – don’know how I got that one. 2. Sore lower back caused by a Hoovering incident. Don’t ask!) and the residue of a great night celebrating the Queen’s Jubilee concert and quite a few drinks.

Anyway the first mile being uphill certainly got the heart rate up and the blood flowing and probably helped to loosened the muscles and flush the toxins out of the body. It was hard work in the early stages but things soon got better.

I managed to sustain a reasonable pace throughout and wound up doing a little bit more than the planned 1HR – albeit just by a few minutes – but it all counts.


Cycling
01:00:00 – 19.58 Miles (19.58 MPH / HR Zone 1 / 67% Max / Cadence 88rpm)

The weather took a real bad turn for the worse and by the time I picked Keara up from the airport after her trip to the Diamond Jubilee Concert in London, the rain was pretty heavy and my planned route for hill climb sessions was obscured in rain and mist and would have been too dangerous to ride in.  The cars may not have seen me, so I made the decision to go for a Turbo session in the safety and warmth of the garage and catch up on a couple of episodes of 24.

I haven’t been on the Turbo for a while now and it made me realise how much more I really enjoy being outside on the bike rather then the Turbo.  I look back on all of those winter indoor sessions and wonder how I managed to get through them – sometimes 3 in a week!

The session went well and average pace was pretty good at just under 20MPH – which I would never achieve on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment