Powered By Blogger

Friday 1 June 2012

It's a hard knocks life

Thursday 31st May 2012

Cycling
01:19:48 – 21.71 Miles (16.30 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 73% Max / Cadence 82)


The plan for today told me that I needed to do a 2HR bike ride this evening.
Thankfully, due to the support from Keara, Life has not got in the way too often of my training schedule, however this proved to be one those cases.

It was Ben’s big school production of Annie (which was absolutely amazing and so professional) and I needed to get back at a reasonable time to get to the venue in time.

I have had a bit of a habit of over-running the time on my bike rides and I am rarely expected back at the time I say I will be back.  Tonight – I was early.
I cut the session short to 1H 20Mins – but felt that it was a fairly decent quality session and I am sure the loss of the extra 40 minutes will not really do me much harm.

I am definitely feeling stronger on the bike and I like the feeling.

I have switched on to my recently acquired Deep Section Shimano Aero wheels – and I think I will keep these on from now until the big day in July so that I am totally familiar with them – as they do tend to catch the wind a bit and allow me to get a bit more buffeted when the wind picks up. BUT – the benefits are there and when you get a nice straight flat cruising section of road, you can feel the difference – and they look CLASS on the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment