Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 June 2012

A big Splash

Tuesday 12th June 2012

Cycling
00:55:20 – 11.70 Miles (12.80 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 75% Max / Cadence 78rpm)

Groundhog day.If it's Tuesday it's Pond Park Road hill repeats.  Yippee!!
This felt absolutely brilliant today.
4 times up and down the road and it was brilliant.  I felt really strong on each repeat and the last one was the fastest by over 20 seconds. Perhaps most pleasing apart from the increased speed over previous sessions was the ability to ride up the last section of the climb each time in a higher gear then I have ever done before - and I was able to do this on each of the repeats.

Running 01:00:00 - 6.68 Miles (08.59 per mile / HR Zone 4 / 94% Max)

A really wet run tonight. It was pouring down but I went out anyway.  You only get wet once.

The strong feeling from earlier carried on with the run and the Heart Rate zone is not reflective of the run - bloody monitor on the blink again!!!

The only damp spot (forgive the pun) of the night was when a lorry went through a huge puddle and completely drenched me with a huge wave.  I was drenched and feared for the survival of my ipod.  Luckily both it and me came through unscathed.
if I had seen it happen to someone else, I probably would have p'd myself laughing - as I am sure the lorry driver did when he saw it happen in his rear view mirror.



I didn't let it dampen my spirits ( do you see what I did there again . . .) and just pressed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment