Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 June 2012

Cracking the ton.

Sunday 10th June 2012

Cycling

06:29:57 – 103 Miles (15.80 MPH / HR Zone 2 / 72% Max / Cadence 81)

My biggest ever ride today and it was hot on the heels of a 21 mile run yesterday.

The aim this weekend was to really crank up the mileage and get close to the full distances over the weekend.
To that extent - Mission accomplished.

I set out with the aim of covering 105 miles in 7 hrs.  So doing 103 (I got the route slightly wrong in planning and it was couple of miles short) in less than 6.5hrs was really pleasing.  I had hoped to do 15mph but managed to do 15.8 mph.  Doesn't sound like much but it is.

The weather was very kind to me and there was a very light wind and thankfully it was behind me for about the last 20 miles.
It was still challenging enough with over 1000M of climbing.

The ride up over Shane's Hill between Ballymena and Larne was a long grind, but the descent was absolutely amazing.  I had a smile on my face for about 4 miles.

It will be interesting to see how my legs feel tomorrow but hopefully they will be OK and it is a rest day anyway.

Pretty much the same sort of distances planned for next weekend too and then taper time.

Thanks to Jim for the company from miles 60 through to about 90 miles.  It was nice to have you along.

No comments:

Post a Comment